Unvented hot water training and certification is a requirement for any operative who wants to work on unvented hot water systems. Part G3 of the Building Regulations define unvented hot water systems as a “controlled service”. As such, it is a legal requirement that all unvented hot water installations are notified to the local Building Control department.
Our unvented course is for experienced plumbers and heating engineers. In order to attend this course candidates should meet one or more of the following criteria:
Have 2 years industry experience of heating and hot water systems
Be NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualified in heating and hot water systems
Be currently registered on an industry registration scheme such as Gas Safe, ACS, OFTEC etc.
This course is a pre-requisite for anyone working with Solar Thermal Hot water installations. If you are unsure of your suitability please call us on 01443 841720 or email at info@ gasassess.co.uk
The course has two options:
Our 1-day course is for initial and re-assessment candidates and is split into a morning's training followed by assessment in the afternoon.
Our Assess Only course is a 1/2 day re-assessment only course and is only available for engineers who already hold a valid Unvented Hot Water certificate. There is no training provided with Assess Only.
On this course you will learn:
- Whether the property is suitable for the installation.
- Where to locate the cylinder
- To recognise the various forms of hot water supplies.
- To be able to state the functional requirements of unvented domestic hot water systems.
- To design an unvented system to comply with Part G of the Building Regulations.
- To carry out commissioning of an Unvented System State and rectify common causes of faults in an unvented system.
Trainees must hold a recognised trade qualification, be working towards one or have evidence of a number of years' experience in the plumbing or heating industry.