MET2, Domestic Gas Meters (up to U6 sizes), covers what you’ll need to know in order to safely install, exchange, remove & commission domestic gas meters. Broadly, the course covers the following knowledge areas.
- Checking the intended installation site.
- Types of meter boxes and housings
- The gas connection and meter outlet
- Securing the meter correctly
- Ventilation requirements (if any)
- Tightness testing
- Inlet & operating pressures
- Commissioning and testing operation of the meter
- Labelling the meter and recording installation details
- Other ‘site specific’ checks and tests
MET2 training is normally completed within half a day, plus additional time to sit the theory & practical assessments.