MET3LS, Domestic Gas Meters – Limited Scope up to U6 sizes) , covers what you’ll need to know in order to safely install, remove & commission domestic gas meters. Broadly, the course covers the following knowledge areas.
- Checking the intended installation site.
- Types of meter boxes and housings
- The gas connection and capped meter outlet
- Securing the meter correctly
- Ventilation requirements (if any)
- Tightness testing
- Gas pressures
- Commissioning and testing operation of the meter
- Labelling the meter and recording installation details
- Other ‘site specific’ checks and tests
MET3LS training is normally completed within half a day, plus additional time to sit the theory & practical assessments.
Install Domestic Gas Meters, Limited Scope - MET3LS