This course covers the key competencies required in order to safely and correctly install Solid Fuel & Woody Biomass heating systems and is aimed at qualified heating engineers. Included in this course are an alternative to HETAS H001 – 006.
The Micro-generation Certification Scheme (MCS) biomass standard covers installations with an output up to 45KW/h.
This BPEC training course can be used towards registration on a range of schemes available including Competent Persons registration (CPS), OFTEC (Woody & Solid Fuel), HETAS, APHC,NAPIT, NICEIC and the Micro-generation Certification Scheme (MCS). It is also NOS & QCF Mapped.
The course and manuals cover:
- Introduction to solid fuel and wood heating
- Solid fuel wood heating
- Combustion, appliance types and fuel types
- Legislation, regulations and standards
- Flues and chimneys classification
- Flues and chimneys ventilation
- Appliance installation requirements
- Appliance maintenance requirements
- Basic chimney faults
- Unsafe situations
- Introduction to wood heating
- Biomass heating systems: technical overview
- Fuel supply and combustion
- Regulations and standards
- System cost, funding and policy support
- Hydraulic systems
- Fuel storage systems
- Conducting a site assessment
- Installation and maintenance
- Determining system size
- Commissioning and customer handover
- Operation and maintenance
- Unsafe situation
N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification OR N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification OR N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation or equivalent earlier certification OR N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification OR N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification.
Solid Biomass Systems (Woody & Solid Fuel) - BHSM